9.09.2009

The Beginning

I am a recent graduate from a masters program in arts administration, theory and practice at the University of Toronto. I also have a bachelor in studio and art history from the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design. I have worked in art galleries across Canada, but I am currently under-employed.

I am trained as an artist and as an administrator (university, internships, jobs). From where both these professions coalesce, this project is created and performed.


Strategy:
  • Apply in-person for an administrative position at every contemporary art gallery in Toronto;
  • Each application will be tailored to the particular institution I am applying for that day and will be accompanied by my resume;
  • Dress like an arts administrator;
  • There will be no discrimination between non-profit, commercial, artist-run centre, members' gallery, university or arts' foundation in my search;
  • All applications and progress will be archived on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment